We Deal With The Insurance Company
MYRTLE BEACH ATTORNEYS OF THE YATES FIRM
Conway Car Accident Lawyers
Car accidents can be stressful, traumatic, and even life-changing. They can result in significant physical and emotional harm, financial losses, and long-lasting consequences. If a car accident in Conway caused injuries to you or a loved one, you should understand your legal rights and options. The expert injury attorneys at The Yates Firm are ready to hear your case. Contact our Conway car accident lawyers today to schedule a free consultation with a member of our legal team.
What Legal Claims Can You Make Following a Car Accident?
Car accident cases can involve a variety of legal claims, including:
- Personal Injury Claims – If a car accident injured you, you may be able to seek compensation for your medical costs, lost income, and other damages, such as pain and suffering, emotional distress, and loss of enjoyment of life.
- Property Damage Claims – If the accident caused damage to your car, you might be able to pursue compensation for the cost of repairs or replacement.
- Wrongful Death Claims – If a loved one dies because of a car accident, you might be able to bring a wrongful death claim to compensate for your losses. This could include medical expenses, funeral expenses, and loss of support and companionship.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Each car accident is unique, but certain causes crop up more often than others. Some of the most common causes include:
- Driver Error – This is the most common cause of car accidents and can include speeding, tailgating, and running red lights.
- Vehicle Malfunctions – This can include defects in the design, manufacture, or maintenance of a vehicle, such as tire blowouts, brake failures, or engine fires.
- Roadway Hazards – This could include poorly maintained roads, inadequate signage, and other hazardous conditions that might cause a driver to lose control of their vehicle.
- Weather Conditions – Heavy rain or freezing precipitation can cause dangerous road conditions that cause drivers to wreck.
- Drowsy Driving – When drowsy drivers nod off while they’re on the road, they can cause devastating collisions.
What to Do After a Car Accident
In the immediate aftermath of the accident, it’s crucial that you take certain steps to protect your legal rights and ensure the best possible outcome for your eventual case. Some tips for what to do after a car accident include:
- Call the Police – Even if you think the crash was minor, it’s best to call the police as soon as possible. Law enforcement officers will create a report of the accident, which can be essential evidence in your case.
- Get Medical Attention – Even if you think you’ve escaped serious injury, you should seek medical attention as soon as possible. Some injuries, such as head injuries and internal injuries, may not be immediately apparent. Additionally, you’ll want to have clear documentation of your injuries later.
- Exchange Information – Remember to exchange contact and insurance information with the other driver(s) involved in the accident. Also, try to get the contact information of any witnesses who saw what happened.
- Take Photos – If possible, take photos of the scene of the accident, including the damage to the vehicles, skid marks, and other relevant details.
- Consult With a Car Accident Lawyer – You should speak with a car accident lawyer as soon as possible after your accident. A personal injury attorney can help you understand your legal rights and options, and they can advise you on the best course of action to take.
Finding the Right Car Accident Lawyer
Not all lawyers are alike, and it’s important that you find a lawyer who’s qualified and capable of taking on your case. Here are some tips for finding the car accident lawyer you need:
- Look For Experience – Look for a lawyer who has experience handling car accident cases in Conway. A lawyer who has experience with similar cases will have a better understanding of local laws and the local court system. They will be more prepared to help you get the compensation you deserve.
- Look For a Proven Track Record – Look for a lawyer with a proven track record of success in car accident cases. You can ask for references or check the lawyer’s website to see if they have any testimonials or case results that you can review.
- Look For a Free Consultation – Look for a lawyer who offers a free initial consultation. This will allow you to discuss your case with the lawyer, ask any questions you may have, and get a sense of their approach before making a commitment.
How Much Time Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim?
The statute of limitations for car accident injury cases in South Carolina is three years. It is in your best interest to act quickly to preserve your rights and increase your chances of success. If the deadline to file your claim passes, it’s likely that you will lose your right to pursue compensation for your injuries and losses. This is because the opposing party can file a motion to dismiss your case if it is not timely, and a judge will likely grant this motion.
The Car Accident Lawyers at The Yates Firm Have What It Takes to Help You
Car accidents can profoundly impact your life and leave you with long-lasting effects. When you have the right car accident lawyer on your side, it can make the difference you need to focus on your recovery.
A qualified car accident lawyer can navigate the complex legal process for you and fight for the compensation you deserve. When selecting a car accident lawyer, you should look for experience, a proven track record of success, and a free initial consultation, all of which we have here at The Yates Firm.
Were you injured in a car accident? The Conway personal injury attorneys here at The Yates Firm can help. We have years of experience handling car accident cases and securing favorable outcomes for our clients. Our consultations are free; our contingency fee structure means you don’t pay unless we win. Members of our dedicated team are standing by now to help you with your case. Call us today at 843-692-3237 to get your free consultation.